Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween!

What a crazy few weeks it has been for us! Luci had her first Cheerleading Competition! I was so proud of her. She and her squad have been practicing for months on their routine. I must admit, I think we are both glad it is over though. I was shocked at how demanding sports are from the get go!

 As nice as it was for cheer to be over our schedules were far from settling down. Luci turned 7 on Halloween! We did a birthday party for her at the roller rink with all her friends. The kids had so much fun skating in their costumes.
With Halloween a few days after her birthday party, I had planned on having a trick or treating party at the house with some of our favorites! Halloween turned out to be a cold and wet but a lot of fun nonetheless. Kids were soaked from head to toe!

 Hot soup was the perfect thing to come back too. Here is the recipe for the Chicken Taco Soup that I made that everyone had asked for the recipe for. Best part...ITS ALL MADE IN THE CROCKPOT! By far my favorite kind of cooking!

1 onion chopped
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
2 cups of corn
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 can or bottle of beer
1 cans of rotel
1 package of taco seasoning
3 whole skinless chicken breasts (I usually use 4)

throw it all in the crockpot and stir it up good. Place the chicken on top and cook on low 8 hours. shred the chicken after 8 hours and stir in with the rest!

This recipe is one of our favorites. Makes great leftovers (yes even for me who doesn't like leftovers)
Top it with the works! Sour Cream, Cheese, Guac Chips ect....
This is Luci and Gavin approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment