Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It may be hot but its that time of the year... PUMPKIN!

What a busy week it has been. I have been getting things ready for  a wedding this weekend. The neat part about it is it's a friend I went to High School with. I always extra love being apart of a couples special day when I know them. Their wedding is very fall inspired so with that comes some fantastic fall cupcakes. One of which being a pumpkin spice. I had some extra pumpkin puree left over so I wanted to use it up. A quick grab and go breakfast is always appreciated in this hustle  bustle house. Or maybe I just appreciate myself later for thinking ahead!

Anyways! here is the ever so easy Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffin!

no-stick cooking spray





3/4 teaspoon baking powder                                                   

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon                                                                     

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg                                                    



1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree                                                   
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (4oz)    

 

3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
 
whisk together all your dry ingredients. Flours, sugar, salt, spices, powder and soda.
beat your eggs, add your pumpkin puree, yogurt (you can use milk too if you don't have yogurt) and syrup. add your dry to your wet mix until combined (I used a spatula) and then fold in the oats.
 
Spray a cupcake pan with cooking spray, or you and butter and flour your pans if you don't have spray.
I used a 2oz scoop for my muffins and I got a dozen.
Bake 375 for 25 min! perfection!
 
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Yep these are Luci and Gavin approved as well!
P.S. For you extra busy moms like me, muffins are totally freezable! Double or triple your batch and be set all Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment