Monday, November 18, 2013

Corn Chowder Baby!

I usually only have one day a week to get everything I need to done. Laundry, cleaning, errands and whatever prep work I can for upcoming side jobs. That is my typical Monday! When I say one day, I really mean about 5  hours without children to tend to. So I guess its not even really a full day. I am thankful for having Mondays off from my full time job. Makes my life a little easier and tad quieter, even if its only a couple hours.
With that said, cooking is not typically what I want to worry to much about. I'm a big crockpot go to mom! Makes up for all the mom guilt for feeding them quick easy dinners the three nights before because we were either on the go or I am just so tired!
So today, I chose Corn Chowder in the crockpot! Corn Chowder is my favorite chilly day food!

  6-8 potatoes (peeled and diced)
  2  Can cream corn
  1  cup kernel corn (I always use frozen you could use canned too)                       
  2 Cups chicken broth               
  8 Ounces diced ham                       
  1 Cups diced onions
  1/4 cup(1 stick) butter                        
   2 Cups heavy cream
 
Peel and dice your potatoes add them to the crockpot. Add corn, broth (I use stock) ham and onions.
Cook on low for 7 hours.
Add butter and heavy cream
cook on High for the next 30 min or so
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I use a 6 quart slow cooker and its full. This make a nice amount of soup for leftovers or if you're feeding a group!
The best part about the crockpot for me is smelling it all day long if your home! This soup is so easy and quick and delicious! I feel that if you like ham your could definitely add more than what I said in the ingredients list. I'm not a huge fan of ham but to each their own! Crispy bacon is also a great garnish for chowder!

No comments:

Post a Comment